As we continue to grow our business and more consumers start to become aware of us, we’ve been asked the same question a few times recently: “How can you offer low pricing while maintaining quality?”, so we thought we’d take some time to explain our pricing and infrastructure here.
We want to start by reaffirming stability and customer satisfaction are always at the heart of everything we do, we’d never sacrifice either one to allow for cheaper product pricing. We understand your website is one of the most important assets to your business. So whilst enabling you to secure web hosting from 99p a month is, of course, a great achievement and headline for us, if you signed up only to find your website becomes intermittently unavailable, slow to load and our support unresponsive we will lose your business and receive a (justified) negative reputation within days.
One perceived reason for our low pricing seems to be an idea that we use underpowered and/or non-professional hardware to host our customers content, devices such as personal specification machines running from a residential location etc. The opposite is true of Hugoton Hosting. We host all of our web infrastructure within Amazons EC2 cloud. Each of our nodes (we currently operate nodes within Europe – Ireland and the USA – North Virginia) consist of an Amazon EC2 server (plus EBS volume & elastic IP), a WHM/cPanel license, a CloudLinux license, and a Softacolous premium license. We monitor the server load calculation closely using automated monitoring software (namely Munin, Monit, and AWS CloudWatch) to aid our decision on when to launch new nodes once one reaches capacity, we never oversell or overload our nodes.
Migrating to EC2 was a strategic decision that we took a little over two years ago now for a number of reasons, the primary ones being; uptime & resiliency, security and the ease of launching new instances across the globe (scalability). Amazon allows us to create storage (EBS) volumes that attach to our nodes which can vary in size depending on our needs. So for nodes with more content heavy customers, we can have a larger sized EBS volume attached, and on a less content heavy node we can have a smaller sized EBS volume. This approach allows us to maintain tight control over our costs by not paying to provision under-utilized disk space. In addition, committing to a long-term contract with Amazon decreases the cost of EC2 instances – Hugoton Hosting recently signed a 3-year contract with Amazon for all of our current instances.
Another perceived reason for low pricing being possible is that we are a ‘short-term’ or ‘summer’ hosting company. In short, such a host appears and starts to offer low pricing for web hosting in the form of limited time offers etc. Only to disappear completely a few weeks or months later leaving their clients websites down and the clients themselves frustrated & out of pocket. Hugoton Hosting was established in 2005 and has been hosting, designing and developing websites ever since – we’re not going anywhere.
One final perception is that we offer little or no support, so once a client signs up for services they are left with a potentially broken, or at the very least challenging to navigate, hosting platform that they struggle to use. Again, contrary to the perception, Hugoton Hosting uses the latest version of WHM & cPanel to host our customers’ websites & e-mail services. We also use WHMCS to ensure billing and support tickets are managed appropriately, have a full knowledgebase to help along the way and offer 24/7 support via e-mail and live chat (plus telephone support for specific premium packages).
To conclude while there are a number of hosts out there that, unfortunately, have one goal – to provide super low priced web hosting, make as much money as possible in a short space of time then drop offline soon afterward – Hugoton Hosting is here to stay for many more years to come. We are able to offer low pricing due to the volume of sales we process and maintaining our own, carefully cost controlled, infrastructure.
Video marketing can be a challenge for web hosting providers, but we think we’ve cracked it with our brand new video.
Over the past week, we’ve been working with a fantastic creative artist to produce the video above which showcases all of our offerings from website hosting to web design services to VPS hosting.
We’d love to hear your thoughts! … Don’t forget you can get 20% off all our website hosting packages by using coupon code HUGOTONVIDEO for a limited time!
Today has been a very busy & exciting day for us with the launch of our new domain marketplace website HugotonDomains.com and now the launch of Softaculous apps installer on all our web hosting and reseller hosting packages!
New and existing customers can now, with just one click, install any web software from the list of 290+ apps available in the Softaculous installer located within their Hugoton Hosting cPanel, just by clicking on the “Softaculous Apps Installer” option once logged in:
The best part? It’s completely free. Yes, you read that correct, we have decided to include all 290+ apps within the Softaculous installer for all of our customers & resellers at absolutely no cost!
Once inside the Softaculous installer customers can choose any of the apps to install onto their domains, some of the most popular apps available to choose are:
- WordPress – Web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
- Joomla – An award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available.
- Drupal – An open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes.
- phpBB – Used by millions of people on a daily basis, making it the most widely used opensource bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
- WHMCS – An all-in-one client management, billing and support solution for online businesses. WHMCS handles everything from signup to termination, with automated billing, provisioning and management. With WHMCS, you’re in control with a very powerful business automation tool.
- OpenCart – An open source PHP-based online shopping cart system. A robust e-commerce solution for Internet merchants with the ability to create their own online business and participate in e-commerce at a minimal cost.
- osCommerce – An online shop e-commerce solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease, and is available for free as an Open Source based solution.
- SugarCRM – The world’s leading provider of commercial open source customer relationship management (CRM) software. Founded as an open source project in 2004, SugarCRM applications have been downloaded over five million times and currently serve over 500,000 users in 75 languages.
- MyBB – A lot of thought has gone into the MyBB interface to make it easy to use. MyBB uses a standard discussion board structure, so your visitors will feel familiar with the way MyBB works. Your visitors can use the MyBB user control panel to change the way they view discussions. They can also easily start and reply to discussions and markup their posts.
- Zenphoto – A CMS for selfhosted, gallery focused websites. Our focus lies on being easy to use and having all the features there when you need them. Zenphoto features support for various media formats and integrated blog and custom pages. Zenphoto is the ideal CMS for personal websites of illustrators, artists, designers, photographers, film makers and musicians.
- Dolphin – The world’s most advanced community software. Open-source, independent, downloadable, scalable, customizable, full-featured, free software for building social networks, dating sites and web-communities.
- Roundcube – A browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking.
- osTicket – A widely-used open source support ticket system. It seamlessly integrates inquiries created via email and web-based forms into a simple easy to use multi-user web interface. Easily manage, organize and archive all your support requests and responses in one place while providing your clients with accountability and responsiveness they deserve.
So, if you’re an existing customer login to your cPanel today and start browsing through all of the apps now available for one click install.
We are really excited to announce the launch of our brand new premium domain name marketplace HugotonDomains.com!
Over time we accumulate domain names and will now list them for sale on our new Hugoton Domains website, Hugoton Domains offers all of our available domain names at competitive prices for purchase or rent!
Take a look now and secure your premium domain name at a one time fixed price or pay monthly to rent the domain from us.
Whether you’re looking for a .com or .co.uk or something more bespoke like a .blog, .eu or maybe even a .me Hugoton Hosting has you covered.
We’ve recently expanded the list of domain extensions available to purchase on our site, allowing you to secure the website URL you’ve always wanted!
Don’t see the domain extension you were after? Just open a live chat with us and we can get it added in minutes.
We’re really excited & pleased to announce the launch of our all-new Members Area …
Our new Members Area brings with it a wealth of new features including:
Support PIN – Your security is paramount, so we will now require a Support PIN when you contact us via live chat so we can verify your identity, the PIN can be easily accessed via the homepage of our new Members Area
Social Login – Now you can link your Google or Facebook account with a single click to login
Multi-Language – The whole Members Area is now available in over 20 languages, just choose your preferred language in the footer menu
Affiliate Program – Our amazing affiliate program is now surfaced in the Members Area making it easier than ever to see your unique referral URL and track your referral earnings
Inline Popular cPanel Items – The 11 most popular cPanel items are now surfaced right within the Members Area to save you time
E-Mail History – See every e-mail we’ve ever sent you with just one click
Approved Contacts – You can now add contacts onto your account who can log in and manage the account
Modern & Fresh Interface – Along with all the new features we’ve given the Members Area a fresh lick of paint providing a modern and fresh feel
Login to your Members Area today to see the all-new interface, we’d love to hear your feedback!
After some recent optimisations to our site, we’re pleased to share that we’re now rated “A” on Pingdom’s Website Speed Test and 94/100 on Google Page Speed.
You can see our results below from Europe, USA, and Australia, so no matter where you are in the world www.www.hugotonhosting.co.uk will always load blazingly fast!
Host your site with us today to notice speed improvements from day 1!
You can now find us on Yelp – https://www.yelp.com/biz/hugoton-hosting-dallas
As continue to expand our customer base, it’s more & more important that people can find us quickly online. By advertising on Yelp, we can ensure we’re found with ease when needed!
Head over to our Yelp listing today to see our exclusive deal …