Visiting a website to see “Not Secure” in the address bar is the worst thing you could hope for as a website owner. Since late 2017 Google Chrome, and all other mainstream browsers such as Firefox, Internet Explorer/Edge, Safari and Opera have been warning visitors that the website they are visiting does not have a valid SSL certificate installed.
Websites are served over a protocol called HTTP, which stands for “hypertext transfer protocol” – this is a standard way your computer communicates with the website you’re viewing. A secure site uses a security certificate called SSL, which changes the URL to HTTPS. This added security protects your computer’s communications so that it’s much harder for other people to “listen in” and figure out what you’re doing or get the information you’re sending online.
Having a “Not Secure” message appear when users visit your website can quickly raise users’ concerns about the non-secure nature of your site or forms. Anyone concerned about protecting their privacy and information online would likely be leery to input information on your website, including, of course, making a purchase. Additionally, a “not secure” warning could lead users to believe your site is hacked or, rightfully, view your site as vulnerable. Either way, the user experience will be affected. Another way your site could be impacted is in its rankings – Google wants site owners to maintain a secure certificate and views HTTPS as a ranking factor.
With Hugoton Hosting you can host your website within minutes and be sure that no “Not Secure” message will be displayed thanks to our free SSL offering that comes with every single web hosting package that we offer.
Just sign up, then activate your completely free SSL within your Control Panel once logged in. With only two clicks your entire website will be secure, and every visitor will see a “Secure” message in their address bar so they can be confident their personal information is protected while on your website.
Take a look at our Web Hosting packages today and host your secured site with us!
Video marketing can be a challenge for web hosting providers, but we think we’ve cracked it with our brand new video.
Over the past week, we’ve been working with a fantastic creative artist to produce the video above which showcases all of our offerings from website hosting to web design services to VPS hosting.
We’d love to hear your thoughts! … Don’t forget you can get 20% off all our website hosting packages by using coupon code HUGOTONVIDEO for a limited time!
Today has been a very busy & exciting day for us with the launch of our new domain marketplace website HugotonDomains.com and now the launch of Softaculous apps installer on all our web hosting and reseller hosting packages!
New and existing customers can now, with just one click, install any web software from the list of 290+ apps available in the Softaculous installer located within their Hugoton Hosting cPanel, just by clicking on the “Softaculous Apps Installer” option once logged in:
The best part? It’s completely free. Yes, you read that correct, we have decided to include all 290+ apps within the Softaculous installer for all of our customers & resellers at absolutely no cost!
Once inside the Softaculous installer customers can choose any of the apps to install onto their domains, some of the most popular apps available to choose are:
- WordPress – Web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
- Joomla – An award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available.
- Drupal – An open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites offering a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalities using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes.
- phpBB – Used by millions of people on a daily basis, making it the most widely used opensource bulletin board system in the world. Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
- WHMCS – An all-in-one client management, billing and support solution for online businesses. WHMCS handles everything from signup to termination, with automated billing, provisioning and management. With WHMCS, you’re in control with a very powerful business automation tool.
- OpenCart – An open source PHP-based online shopping cart system. A robust e-commerce solution for Internet merchants with the ability to create their own online business and participate in e-commerce at a minimal cost.
- osCommerce – An online shop e-commerce solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease, and is available for free as an Open Source based solution.
- SugarCRM – The world’s leading provider of commercial open source customer relationship management (CRM) software. Founded as an open source project in 2004, SugarCRM applications have been downloaded over five million times and currently serve over 500,000 users in 75 languages.
- MyBB – A lot of thought has gone into the MyBB interface to make it easy to use. MyBB uses a standard discussion board structure, so your visitors will feel familiar with the way MyBB works. Your visitors can use the MyBB user control panel to change the way they view discussions. They can also easily start and reply to discussions and markup their posts.
- Zenphoto – A CMS for selfhosted, gallery focused websites. Our focus lies on being easy to use and having all the features there when you need them. Zenphoto features support for various media formats and integrated blog and custom pages. Zenphoto is the ideal CMS for personal websites of illustrators, artists, designers, photographers, film makers and musicians.
- Dolphin – The world’s most advanced community software. Open-source, independent, downloadable, scalable, customizable, full-featured, free software for building social networks, dating sites and web-communities.
- Roundcube – A browser-based multilingual IMAP client with an application-like user interface. It provides full functionality you expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book, folder manipulation, message searching and spell checking.
- osTicket – A widely-used open source support ticket system. It seamlessly integrates inquiries created via email and web-based forms into a simple easy to use multi-user web interface. Easily manage, organize and archive all your support requests and responses in one place while providing your clients with accountability and responsiveness they deserve.
So, if you’re an existing customer login to your cPanel today and start browsing through all of the apps now available for one click install.
We are really excited to announce the launch of our brand new premium domain name marketplace HugotonDomains.com!
Over time we accumulate domain names and will now list them for sale on our new Hugoton Domains website, Hugoton Domains offers all of our available domain names at competitive prices for purchase or rent!
Take a look now and secure your premium domain name at a one time fixed price or pay monthly to rent the domain from us.
Whether you’re looking for a .com or .co.uk or something more bespoke like a .blog, .eu or maybe even a .me Hugoton Hosting has you covered.
We’ve recently expanded the list of domain extensions available to purchase on our site, allowing you to secure the website URL you’ve always wanted!
Don’t see the domain extension you were after? Just open a live chat with us and we can get it added in minutes.
We’re really excited & pleased to announce the launch of our all-new Members Area …
Our new Members Area brings with it a wealth of new features including:
Support PIN – Your security is paramount, so we will now require a Support PIN when you contact us via live chat so we can verify your identity, the PIN can be easily accessed via the homepage of our new Members Area
Social Login – Now you can link your Google or Facebook account with a single click to login
Multi-Language – The whole Members Area is now available in over 20 languages, just choose your preferred language in the footer menu
Affiliate Program – Our amazing affiliate program is now surfaced in the Members Area making it easier than ever to see your unique referral URL and track your referral earnings
Inline Popular cPanel Items – The 11 most popular cPanel items are now surfaced right within the Members Area to save you time
E-Mail History – See every e-mail we’ve ever sent you with just one click
Approved Contacts – You can now add contacts onto your account who can log in and manage the account
Modern & Fresh Interface – Along with all the new features we’ve given the Members Area a fresh lick of paint providing a modern and fresh feel
Login to your Members Area today to see the all-new interface, we’d love to hear your feedback!
After some recent optimisations to our site, we’re pleased to share that we’re now rated “A” on Pingdom’s Website Speed Test and 94/100 on Google Page Speed.
You can see our results below from Europe, USA, and Australia, so no matter where you are in the world www.www.hugotonhosting.co.uk will always load blazingly fast!
Host your site with us today to notice speed improvements from day 1!
You can now find us on Yelp – https://www.yelp.com/biz/hugoton-hosting-dallas
As continue to expand our customer base, it’s more & more important that people can find us quickly online. By advertising on Yelp, we can ensure we’re found with ease when needed!
Head over to our Yelp listing today to see our exclusive deal …